Sunday, April 8, 2012

Stress/ Estres


 There are days when your body just needs a good rest. In a world where we live in constant stress due to work, studies and family, we put quite a burden upon our bodies and mind. And mostly we don’t take any time to listen to ourselves and respect our own limits. Why? Because we are so stressed that the mere thought of having some time off stresses us even more (because we think about all the work that will then accumulate).

But well, the body and mind sometimes demands some time of rest. The length of the resting time depends a lot on how much time you have been working on without listening to your own limits.
And I honestly think that, if you have been going on for too long, the stress is expressed in illness or becoming unwell, and can affect either the body or the mind.

Like yesterday. During the night I started feeling very unwell and today during the day I didn’t feel very well either. So what did I do? I listened to my body, for one day I left beside my study books (honestly, sometimes me and my study books are inseparable!) , and most of the day I have spent in the sun, either with my boyfriend or with my family. Simply relaxing, laughing, being on the beach, talking, eating nice food and taking my time to rest.

And it really did me well. I feel quite a bit better now, although I notice that I still shouldn’t do anything related with studying, or my body will complain again.

So, dear reader; I know sometimes it’s hard to take time off, and that the mere thought is stressful if you have so much to do. But the thing is that, if you don’t take time to rest, your body will demand it from you. And sometimes it can end quite badly if you keep pushing yourself too much, for too long.

Just remember this: take your time to rest, both your body and mind. Some might need more time than others to do so, but don’t feel bad/ashamed about that. We are all unique and we all work in a different way.

Ps: thank you people who were by my side today to help me relax, feel good and laugh. I really appreciate it :)


Hay días en las cuales tu cuerpo sólo necesita un buen descanso. En un mundo donde vivimos en constante estrés debido al trabajo, los estudios y la familia, ponemos una pesada carga sobre nuestros cuerpos y mentes. Y sobre todo porque no tomamos unos momentos para escuchar a nosotros mismos y respetar nuestros propios límites. ¿Por qué? Principalmente porque estamos tan estresados ​​que la simple idea de tomar algo de tiempo libre nos estresa aún más (porque pensamos en todo el trabajo que se acumulara)

Pero bueno, el cuerpo y la mente a veces exigen un tiempo de descanso. La duración del tiempo de descanso depende mucho de cuánto tiempo has estado trabajando sin escuchar a tus propios límites.
Creo sinceramente que, si has estado trabajando durante mucho tiempo, el estrés se manifiesta en enfermedad/malestar, y puede afectar tanto al cuerpo como a la mente.

Tomo como ejemplo ayer. Durante la noche me empecé a sentir muy mal y hoy durante el día no me sentía muy bien tampoco. Entonces, ¿qué hice? Escuché a mi cuerpo, por un día deja a lado de mis libros de estudio (honestamente, a veces yo y mis libros de estudio somos inseparables!), Y la mayor parte del día he pasado estando en el sol, tanto con mi novio como con mi familia. Simplemente relajándome, riendo, estando en la playa, hablando, comiendo buena comida y tomando mi tiempo para descansar. 

Y eso me hizo bien. Me siento un poco mejor ahora, aunque me doy cuenta de que todavía no debería hacer algo relacionado con el estudio, porque entonces mi cuerpo se quejará de nuevo. 

Así que, querido lector, yo sé que a veces es difícil tomar tiempo libre, y que el mero pensamiento es muy estresante si tienes mucho que hacer. Pero la cosa es que, si no toma tiempo para descansar, tu cuerpo lo va a demandar de ti. Y a veces puede terminar muy mal si sigues empujando a ti mismo demasiado, durante demasiado tiempo. 

Sólo recuerde esto: toma tu tiempo para descansar el cuerpo y  la mente. Algunos quizás necesitan más tiempo que otros para descansarse, pero por favor no te sientas mal / avergonzado por eso. Todos somos únicos y todos funcionamos de una manera diferente. 


No comments:

Post a Comment