Thursday, September 20, 2012

Not save, but love/ no salvar, pero amar


“You cannot save people. You can only love them.”
Maybe this is a good phrase for me. For a long time I suffered a lot when I saw people being unhappy, feeling lost, or simply not able to find happiness in their lives. I suffered even more when I myself learnt how to be happy. I still suffer due to those things. So many times I have thought long and hard about how I could help everyone, how I could be most useful.

I remember that when I was young I had a time when I really wanted to go to Africa to help the poor children. Sometimes that image still passes by, or some other in which I can help people to be happy, peaceful and in harmony with themselves and their surroundings.

But in the end everyone has got his/her own responsibility. I can’t force people to let me help them. If they don’t want help, I can’t oblige them to accept mine. I might think that the best way to happiness is gratitude, love and respect, but others might be convinced I’m wrong.

So… to my great sadness, I cannot save nor help all the people I so much desire to help. But there is something that I can do. I have grown as person. I’m still growing, day after day, but until now I haven’t been unhappy with the result. What I can do is love. Maybe to you it sounds pointless, useless, foolish. Think whatever you like. I have experienced the power of love in many ways, and it’s better than anything else in the world to make you a better person. It’s the most powerful and pure thing there is.

Thus, what I can do for others is to love them. I can remind them that I am here for them, respectful, patient, loving, without prejudices, without conditions. And hopefully in that way, during my entire life I can bring at least some smiles onto people’s faces, love into their souls, and hope into their hearts.

So I will. I will love each being with all my soul, always wishing them the best, and being the best possible person. I want to live my life in such way that I can inspire people, and thus bring a little more light into the world.

My kindest and most loving greetings to you all.



 












"No puedes salvar a la gente. Sólo puedes amarles. "
Tal vez esto es una buena frase para mí. Durante mucho tiempo he sufrido mucho cuando vi a la gente estando infeliz, sintiéndose perdidos, o simplemente incapaz de encontrar la felicidad en sus vidas. Sufrí mucho más cuando yo mismo aprendí cómo ser feliz. Todavía sufro por esas cosas. Muchas veces he pensado profundamente sobre cómo podría ayudar a todos, cómo podría ser de máximo utilidad.

Recuerdo que cuando yo era joven tuve una época en que yo realmente quería ir a África para ayudar a los niños pobres. A veces, esa imagen aún pasa por mi cabeza, o alguna otra en la que puedo ayudar a la gente a ser feliz, pacífica y en armonía consigo mismo y su entorno.

Pero al final, todo el mundo tiene su propia responsabilidad. No puedo obligar a la gente a dejarme ayudarlos. Si no quieren ayuda, no puedo obligarlos a aceptar la mía. Yo podría pensar que el mejor camino a la felicidad es la gratitud, el amor y el respeto, pero otros pueden estar convencidos de que estoy equivocado.
Así que... para mi gran tristeza, no puedo salvar ni ayudar a todas las personas a las que tanto deseo ayudar. Pero hay algo que yo sí que puedo hacer. He crecido como persona. Todavía estoy creciendo, día tras día, pero hasta ahora he estado muy contenta con el resultado. Lo que puedo hacer es amar. Tal vez eso te parece algo sin sentido, inútil, absurdo. Piense lo que quieres. He experimentado el poder del amor de muchas maneras, y es mejor que cualquier otra cosa en el mundo para hacerte una persona mejor. Es la cosa más poderosa y pura que existe.

Por lo tanto, lo que puedo hacer por los demás es amarles. Puedo recordarles que estoy aquí por ellos, respetuosamente, pacientemente, con amor, sin prejuicios, sin condiciones. Y espero que de esta manera, durante toda mi vida pueda traer por lo menos algunas sonrisas en los rostros de la gente, amor en sus almas, y esperanza en sus corazones.

Así lo haré. Amaré a cada ser con toda mi alma, siempre deseándoles lo mejor, y ser la mejor persona posible. Quiero vivir mi vida de tal manera que pueda inspirar a la gente, y así traer un poco más luz en este mundo.

Mis saludos más amables y bondadosos a todos.

No comments:

Post a Comment