Monday, August 1, 2011

golden cage or be free? / jaula de oro o ser Libre?




At some point in my life I will have to choose between living in a golden cage (life with money, steady job, car, home, family, in short; what most people want) or be FREE and see the entire world as my home.

Life in the "golden cage" will never be my desire. Too normal, too boring, too suffocating. It is the life that almost everyone has, and I find horrible. I do not know how anyone can be happy that way, but hey, everyone has his/her own preferences...

I want to be free. In fact, I don’t consider myself Dutch, Spanish or whatever. I am a person of the world and the world is my home.

I want to be free as a bird. I have to keep in mind that birds have many enemies and in winter they almost die of hunger. But the birds do reach the highest peaks in the world and see the most amazing places. Yes, that is metaphorically speaking, since I am not a bird. But I'd rather be free, go through periods of having little money, having to work like crazy to survive, because then I can see the world. That way I will truly live life, learning from the great book of the world.

Only sometimes I fear that this society is killing my adventurous spirit. It is tying me to too many money-related obligations. It is forcing me to live in a golden cage because it is considered "normal."

My biggest fear is that one day I will wake up and see that I live in an ordinary life. I know I'll never be happy that way.

I want to be free.






En algún momento de mi vida tendré que elegir entre una vida en una jaula de oro (vida con dinero, trabajo fijo, coche, casa, familia, en resumen; lo que la mayor parte de la gente desea) o ser LIBRE y ver el mundo como mi casa

La vida en ese “jaula de oro” nunca será lo mío. Demasiado normal, demasiado aburrido, demasiado sofocante. Es la vida que casi todos tienen, y a mí me parece horrible. No sé cómo alguien puede ser feliz de esa manera, pero bueno, cada uno con lo suyo..

Yo quiero ser libre. De hecho, no me considero holandesa, española o lo que sea. Soy una persona del mundo, y el mundo entero es mi hogar.

Quiero ser libre como un pájaro. Tengo que tener en cuenta que los pájaros tienen muchos enemigos y en invierno casi se mueren por hambre. Pero los pájaros si que llegan a las cimas más altas del mundo, a lugares increíbles. Claro, eso es hablando metafóricamente, ya que no soy un pájaro. Pero prefiero ser libre, pasar por épocas de tener poco dinero, de tener que trabajar como una loca para sobrevivir, porque así podre ver el mundo. Así llegare a vivir la vida de verdad, a aprender del gran libro del mundo, a ver lugares increíbles

Solo que a veces temo que esta sociedad está matando mi espíritu aventurero. Me está atando a demasiados obligaciones relacionadas con el dinero. Me está obligando a vivir en una jaula de oro porque es considerado “normal”. 

Mi mayor miedo es que algún día me despierto y veo que vivo en una vida normal y corriente. Sé que nunca seré feliz de esa manera.

Quiero ser libre.




No comments:

Post a Comment