Monday, August 8, 2011

limitations of words / limitaciones de las palabras

Maybe I should stop with trying to give everything a name, searching for the perfect words, playing with language in order to produce a coherent text that expresses how I really feel ...

Now I understand that words are limited, the resource of communication most susceptible to misunderstanding and unable to describe many things, including abstract ideas. I never knew that before, because I believed in the words of the philosopher / linguist Ludwig Wittgenstein: "the limits of my language are the limits of my world." I thought the limits of my language really were the limits of my reality.

But now I see a world, a whole universe of things inexpressible through words. These are the feelings, thoughts, experiences ... These things are so abstract that I cannot find words that can express how I feel in my own heart and soul. And here language fails me, in which I always had faith. I wish to express the wonder and joy and magic coincidences and pure and lovely life, but there are no words! I so much want to communicate to people who need to see the world as it really is, so that their hearts will fill with joy and strength and love even in the dark days ... but there are no words.

How to jump the obstacle of the limited language?

I've still got a lot to learn in this world!! :)



Quizás debería parar con intentar dar todo un nombre, buscar para las palabras perfectas, jugar con los idiomas para poder producir un texto coherente que expresa lo que realmente siento…

Ahora entiendo que la palabra es limitada, es el recurso de comunicación más susceptible al mal entendimiento y es incapaz para describir muchas cosas, entre las cuales las ideas abstractas. Antes no sabía eso, antes creía en la frase del filosofo/lingüista Ludwig Wittgenstein : “los limites de mi lenguaje son los limites de mi mundo”. Pensaba que los límites de mi lenguaje realmente eran los limites de mi realidad.

Pero ahora veo que hay un mundo, un Universo entero de cosas inexpresables a través de las palabras. Son los sentimientos, pensamientos, experiencias... Son cosas tan abstractas que no puedo encontrar palabras que pueden expresar lo que siento en mi propia corazón y alma. Y aquí me falla el lenguaje, en la cual siempre había tenido fe. Deseo expresar la maravilla y la felicidad y los coincidencias y la magia pura y encantadora de la vida, pero no existen palabras! Deseo tanto comunicarlo a la gente quien necesitan ver el mundo como es realmente, para que sus corazones se llenan de fuerza y alegría y amor incluso en los días oscuros… pero no existen palabras.

¿Cómo saltar el obstáculo de la limitación del lenguaje?

Veo que aun me queda mucho para aprender en este mundo!! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment