Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Idealism? / ¿Idealista?


I am an idealist. Some people would consider that as a negative personality trait, and others would consider it as something good. I think it’s neither one nor the other. It’s just as it is and that’s it. It’s who I am. I am an idealist because I choose to dream, to hope for the best. I am an idealist because I believe in the great capacity of the human being that is the result of 3,8 billion year of nature’s evolution. Does this mean I’m a true optimist? No. I have my pessimistic moments, and my view on many things can be quite pessimistic, and I have my days when I almost can’t climb out of my pessimistic spiral.

Is it bad that I’m an idealist? I don’t think so. As long as I’m not living in my dream world and seeing everything in a utopia like style. But I’m sure I’ll never reach to that point. There are enough earthly matters that keep me firmly to the ground.

The thing is that I am an idealist because I want the best for everything and everyone. If I would look at everything from a truly realistic point of view, I know my pessimism would start to dominate me and I would lose myself in pessimism. I am a dreamer. And I have great dreams.

I just want the best for everyone. I just wish that everyone would be able to live their lives with love and joy in their hearts, being who they truly are and develop all their capacities. I just want everyone to be happy, to love and be loved, because everyone, without exceptions, deserves it. 


Yo soy una idealista. Algunas personas consideran eso como un rasgo negativo de personalidad, y otros que lo consideran como algo bueno. Creo que es ni lo uno ni lo otro. Es así como es y eso es todo. Es como soy. Yo soy una idealista porque quiero a soñar, quiero esperar lo mejor. Yo soy un idealista porque yo creo en la gran capacidad del ser humano que es el resultado de 3,8 millones de años de evolución de la naturaleza. ¿Quiere esto decir que soy un verdadero optimista? No. Tengo mis momentos de pesimismo, y mi opinión sobre muchas cosas puede ser muy pesimista, y tengo mis días en los que casi no puede salir de la espiral pesimista.

¿Es malo que soy un idealista? No lo creo. Siempre y cuando no estoy viviendo en mi mundo de sueños y veo todo en un estilo utópico. Pero estoy seguro que nunca llegare a ese punto. Hay suficientes asuntos terrenales que me mantienen firmemente en el suelo.

Lo que pasa es que soy un idealista porque quiero lo mejor para todo y todos. Si yo miraría a  todo desde un punto de vista verdaderamente realista, sé que mi pesimismo empezaría a dominarme y me pierdo en el pesimismo. Soy un soñador. Y tengo grandes sueños.

Yo sólo quiero lo mejor para todos. Sólo deseo que todas las personas sean capaces de vivir sus vidas con amor y alegría en sus corazones, que sean como realmente son y que desarrollen todas sus capacidades. Simplemente quiero que todos sean felices, que aman y que sean amados. Porque cada uno, sin excepción, lo merece.


No comments:

Post a Comment