Saturday, February 11, 2012

The mind and the soul / La mente y el alma


My thoughts often leave the physical realm and start meditating about more spiritual aspects. Like 2 days ago, many subjects came to my mind, and have taken form thanks to communicating with my dearest companion. 

In first place, we were watching the movie about Gandhi. I must say that he is a human being I greatly admire, and love, for the wise words and teachings that he has given to human kind. And not only him, but hundreds of other people like him, known and unknown by me, but whom I all send my gratefulness for having existed. 

But the movie also brought me sadness, because of the violence, the ignorance and ager of men. I am only 20 years old, but nevertheless I believe that in some way I understand the pain a mother feels when her children are fighting each other, for I feel the same hurt and sadness about all human being suffering and inflicting suffering, whilst knowing that there is a path of peace and love. Let me say; it brings me sadness, because things like violence often come as a shock to me as I see violence as such an anti-natural thing. But despite initial sadness, I still find joy in my heart. Joy, strength and love. Because now more than ever I see the need of it: without strength in my soul, I would never be able to fulfill my dearest wish: helping others.

There are certain actions, like violence, that hurt me. Not physically, nor mentally. No. it hurts ME. With “me” I refer to my soul, to the one I truly am, to the entity that knows, guides, and learns. I am a very sensitive person, so maybe I perceive these things easier, but when I do something that is not good for me, or for others around me, I feel that I’m hurting myself. And I’ve got quite some experience on that. For a period of time I have treated myself in such way that after some time I was despairing hopelessly, because I felt so much hurt inside me. And now I finally understand where all that pain came from: I was perceiving the clearest possible signal from my soul about that what I was doing was wrong, harmful, and leading me further and further away from joy and love.

Nowadays many people live in ways that is harmful to them, although they themselves would never like to admit that it is harmful to themselves (or to people around them). There are so many examples, and even with just a few I would already be writing many pages to illustrate the complexity and consequences of it. 

But I would like to say to you, dearest reader: have you ever felt a twinge of pain somewhere near your heart when you have done something that is not beneficial to you and to others? If you have, maybe I should congratulate you, because you are already somewhat conscious about the signals your soul is giving you. 

Most people at this moment live too much in their world they constructed, made up by their rules, and governed by their mind. Well, let me tell you this: the mind is our tool to cope with the world as it is, in order to survive on this planet and to process all the information we perceive physically. But I am not my mind. I am something much more. I am a soul. Just like you. You are a soul, in a beautiful body which is like your transportation vehicle permitting you to enjoy your journey on earth. But your problem, as well as mine and as well as that of many others, is that our mind runs off with us, and tries to govern us with what we call logic, but which is always a subjective based knowledge. Your mind cannot always tell you what is best for you. It is your soul who will tell you that, once you have told your mind that it has done good work for today and that now it is time for you to be your true self, and time for your soul to guide you with an intuitive knowledge that really does exist, if only you are silent enough to listen to yourself.

Dear reader. I know this all sounds very… spiritual, and if you are a proud unspiritual-atheist human I know it will be a hard message to capture. But… I believe that little by little it is time to awaken from our close-minded world, and to develop ourselves to our maximum capacities. That is what I believe, after years of thinking about all this.

Quite funny really, that I believe in spirituality and such whilst I have always considered myself a true person of science. Maybe I’m not so much a person of science, but rather a person of soul and truth.



Mis pensamientos a menudo suelen dejar el mundo físico y empiezan a meditar sobre los aspectos más espirituales. Al igual que hace 2 días, muchos temas vinieron a mi mente, y han tomado forma gracias a la comunicación con mi querido compañero.

En primer lugar, estábamos viendo la película sobre Gandhi. Debo decir que él es un ser humano que admiro mucho, y a quien quiero, por las palabras y enseñanzas sabias que ha dado a la humanidad. Y no sólo él, sino cientos de otras personas como él, conocidos y desconocidos por mí, pero a quien envío todo mi agradecimiento por haber existido.

Pero la película también me ha traído tristeza, debido a la violencia, la ignorancia y el enfado de los humanos. Yo tengo solo 20 años de edad, pero sin embargo creo que de alguna manera sí que entiendo el dolor que siente una madre cuando vea sus hijos luchando entre sí, porque siento el mismo dolor y tristeza por todos los seres humanos, tanto por los quien sufren como los quien causan sufrimiento, mientras que sé que hay un camino de paz y amor. Déjame decir; me hizo triste, porque las cosas como la violencia a menudo vienen como un shock para mí, ya que considero la violencia como una cosa antinatural. Pero a pesar de la tristeza inicial, todavía encuentro alegría en mi corazón. La alegría, la fuerza y ​​el amor. Porque ahora más que nunca veo la necesidad de ellas: sin fuerza en mi alma, yo nunca sería capaz de cumplir mi mayor deseo: ayudar a los demás.

Hay ciertas acciones, como la violencia, que me duelen. No físicamente, ni mentalmente. No. Me duele a MÍ. Con “YO" me refiero a mi alma, a la quien yo realmente soy, a la entidad que sabe, guía, y aprende. Soy una persona muy sensible, así que tal vez me doy cuenta de estas cosas más fácilmente, pero cuando hago algo que no es bueno para mí o para los demás a mí alrededor, siento que me estoy haciendo daño. Y yo tengo bastante experiencia en eso.  Durante un período de tiempo me he tratado de tal manera que después de un transcurro de tiempo yo estaba totalmente desesperada, porque sentía tanto dolor dentro de mí. Y ahora por fin entiendo de donde provenía todo ese dolor: yo estaba percibiendo la señal más clara posible de mí alma sobre que lo que estaba haciendo era mal, dañino, y que me llevaba cada vez más lejos de la alegría y el amor.

Hoy en día mucha gente vive de una manera que es perjudicial para ellos, aunque ellos no querrán admitir que es perjudicial para ellos mismos (o personas a su alrededor). Hay tantos ejemplos, e incluso con unos pocos ya estaría escribiendo muchas páginas para ilustrar la complejidad y las consecuencias de la misma.

Pero me gustaría decirte, querido lector: ¿Alguna vez has sentido una punzada de dolor en alguna parte cerca de tu corazón cuando has hecho algo que no es beneficioso para ti y/o para los demás? Si te ha pasado eso, tal vez debería felicitarte, porque ya estás un poco consciente de las señales que tu alma te está dando.

La mayoría de la gente en este momento vive demasiado en su mundo que han construido, hecha a base de sus reglas, y gobernado por su mente. Bueno, déjame decirte esto: la mente es nuestra herramienta para hacer frente al mundo tal como es, con el fin de sobrevivir en este planeta y para procesar toda la información que percibimos físicamente. Pero yo no soy mi mente. Yo soy algo más. Soy un alma. Igual que tu. Eres un alma en un cuerpo hermoso que es como tu vehículo de transporte gracias a la cual puedes disfrutar de tu viaje en la tierra. Pero tu problema, así como la mía y al igual que la de muchos otros, es que nuestra mente se va corriendo con nosotros, y nos trata de gobernar con lo que llamamos lógica, pero que siempre es basada en el conocimiento subjetivo. Tu mente no siempre puede decir lo que es mejor para ti. Es tu alma que te dirá eso, una vez que has dicho a tu mente que ha hecho un buen trabajo para hoy y que ahora es el momento para que tu puedes ser tu verdadero yo, y que es tiempo para tu alma guiarte con un conocimiento intuitivo que realmente existe, si tan sólo estas en silencio para escuchar a ti mismo.

Estimado lector. Sé que todo esto suena muy ... espiritual, y si eres un orgulloso humano ateísta/ no espiritual entiendo que va ser un mensaje difícil de captar. Pero ... creo que poco a poco ya es hora de despertar nuestra mundo tan cerrada de mente, y de desarrollar nuestras capacidades máximas. Eso es lo que yo sinceramente creo, después de muchos años de pensar en todo esto.

Lo que realmente es muy gracioso, es que yo creo en la espiritualidad y al mismo tiempo yo siempre me he considerado una persona verdaderamente científica. Tal vez yo no soy tanto una persona de la ciencia, sino más bien a una persona de alma y de verdad.

No comments:

Post a Comment