Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Be different! / Se diferente!

It really bothers me how little appreciation there is for the things you do different to others. It’s like; once you stray from the “normal” path, everyone starts criticizing you in one way or another, they don’t understand you, they tell you it’s a wrong choice, that you won’t make it. Even stop talking to you in some cases. That’s how little it is appreciated the things some might do different.

Take me for example; almost no one understood it when I took a sabbatical year. Most were just like “yeah right, she’s just going to party all the time, do nothing useful, just waste time”. Well, I can tell that this year I used to find out where my real interests lie, to study and investigate a great many things. And yes, to work on myself, to find out my weaknesses and my strengths, to regain confidence in myself, to become a stronger and better person. So this year was NOT useless, nor waste of time, nor it made me any dumber or lazier.

But wait! There are more critics! Because now I’m going to do an academic study with the Spanish Open University.  And people think that it isn’t so hard, that I won’t be able to do it, that it doesn’t count as a real study from the university, etc. Think twice people! it’s is a lot harder than a normal study at the university, it takes so much more discipline and capacity of self thinking, it’s more demanding and it is surely a real academic study!

And then of course people who don’t even understand why I am going to do an academic study. They think I should go to the art academy. Well, let me explain it once again: I have a good working brain, I am quite smart, and I have a great love for learning and to do something truly useful. So I am not going to make work out of one of my hobbies, but of my greatest passion; helping the world and being useful.

Sometimes it really tires me, having to explain and defend myself time after time for the choices I make. Yes! I know my choices aren’t the “normal” ones, and that once you do something that isn’t considered “normal” everyone looks bad at you.

 I fear that most of the critics come because people prefer being all the same and feel a mix of envy, insecurity and fear when someone does something different. If there is one thing I have learnt from life, it is that people are for a great deal governed by their jealous and unsecure feelings, and will always criticize to make themselves feel better

Sorry, maybe this text is a bit long… but now I just want to say to you if you, like me, do something different from the “normal”; don’t care about what others say, don’t care about their critics, nor about their words that you will fail. Believe in yourself and follow your deepest feeling, and be very proud of being different! Yes! Be proud of that! I personally find it soooooooo boring that most just want to be the same as all the others, I mean, there is nothing fun about that! ;)  follow your heart, your intuition, your gut feeling, however you want to call it. I did that, and it made me a lot happier than if I would have done what others had expected me to do.

Believe in yourself! And be PROUD! Don’t ever permit others to bring you down! Follow your deepest feelings, and never, ever, doubt yourself.

Have a nice day! :)



Realmente me molesta el poco aprecio que hay para las cosas que haces diferente a los demás. Es como si, una vez que te apartas del camino "normal", todo el mundo empieza a criticarte en una u otra manera, no te entienden, te dicen que es una decisión equivocada, que no lo conseguirás. Incluso dejan de hablar contigo en algunos casos. Eso es lo poco que se aprecia las cosas que algunos hacen de manera diferente. 

Mira a mí, por ejemplo; casi nadie lo entendió cuando me tomé un año sabático. La mayoría eran como "sí, claro, ella sólo se ira de fiesta todo el tiempo, no hará nada útil, simplemente perderá el tiempo". Bueno, puedo deciros que este año he utilizado para determinar dónde están mis verdaderos intereses, para estudiar e investigar muchas cosas. Y sí, para trabajar en mi mismo, para conocer mis debilidades y mis fortalezas, para recuperar la confianza en mí mismo, para convertirme en una persona más fuerte y mejor. Así que este año no fue inútil, ni pérdida de tiempo, ni me hizo más tonta o vaga. 

¡Pero espera! Hay más críticos! Porque ahora voy a hacer un estudio universitario con la UNED. Y la gente piensa que no es tan difícil, que no voy a ser capaz de hacerlo, que no cuenta como un verdadero estudio de la universidad, etc. Por favor, piense dos veces gente! eso es mucho más difícil que un estudio normal en la universidad presencial, se necesita mucho más disciplina y capacidad de pensamiento propio, es más exigente y sin duda es un estudio universitario de verdad! 

Y luego, por supuesto, las personas que no entienden por qué voy a hacer un estudio universitario. Ellos piensan que yo debería ir a la academia de arte. Bueno, déjenme explicarlo una vez más: tengo un cerebro que funciona bien, yo soy bastante inteligente, y tengo un gran amor por el aprendizaje y para hacer algo realmente útil. Así que no voy a hacer trabajo de una de mis aficiones, pero de mi gran pasión; ayudar al mundo y ser útil.

A veces lo que realmente me cansa es tener que explicar y defender a mí mismo una y otra vez por las decisiones que tomo. ¡Sí! Sé que mis decisiones no son "normales", y que una vez que haces algo que no se considera "normal" todo el mundo te mira mal. 

Temo que la mayoría de los críticos vienen porque la gente prefiere ser lo mismo y sienten una mezcla de envidia, inseguridad y miedo cuando alguien hace algo diferente. Si hay una cosa que he aprendido de la vida, es que las personas son en gran parte gobernados por sus sentimientos de celos e inseguridad, y siempre van a criticar para sentirse mejor...

Lo siento, tal vez este texto es un poco largo ... pero ahora sólo quiero decirte que si tu, como yo, haces algo diferente de lo "normal", no des importancia a lo que otros dicen, no te preocupes por sus críticos , ni por sus palabras de que vas a fracasar. Cree en ti mismo y seguid tu sentimiento más profundo, y se muy orgulloso de ser diferente! ¡Sí! Se orgulloso de eso! Personalmente me parece muuuuy aburrido que la mayoría sólo quiere ser el mismo que todos los demás, de verdad, no hay nada divertido en eso! ;) Sigue a tu corazón, tu intuición, como quieres llamarlo. Lo hice yo, y me hizo mucho más feliz que si yo hubiera hecho lo que los demás esperaban de mí.
Cree en ti mismo! Y se orgulloso! Nunca permita que otros te depriman! Siga tus sentimientos más profundos, y nunca, nunca, duda de tú mismo.

Que tengas un buen día! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment