Monday, October 3, 2011

I am who I am, and proud to be so! / soy quien soy, y orgullosa de ello!


Am I arrogant if I believe in myself, my abilities, my intelligence and my own strength? Arrogant because I have the belief that everything will be okay? Am I arrogant if I say I have more than many other people (and here I don’t mean the material things in life...)? Am I a bad friend because I don’t like to party, shop, get drunk etc with my friends? Am I a boring person because I find peace and harmony in solitude and meditation? Am I weird if I do things differently than most girls my age? Am I disrespectful because I respect and understand other religions and cultures other than Europe and Christianity? Am I offensive because I criticize our materialistic and self-destructive society? Am I stupid to believe that I have found happiness and love? Am I weak to have needed a year off from studies? Am I selfish for (finally!) doing something for ME, and not for others? 

NO. I think not. Sure, you can judge my decisions, my attitude, my being. But I do not care. I am who I am and very proud of it. YES! In some ways it almost seems taboo that someone says he/she is proud of him/herself, at being smart, being pretty, being the best at something. It looks like if in this society we have to feel embarrassed about ourselves and focus on our flaws and imperfections. Isn’t it anymore allowed to feel good just the way you are, with all our imperfections and failures? Apparently not.  Our society is sometimes quite pathetic... 

So, I am proud to be who I am. I know I have a good brain, I know I learned much more about life than most people my age, I know I have to be critical. I am a good (But not perfect!) friend, sister, girlfriend, daughter, because I'm trying to give love. I am unique, and I choose to ignore fashion and do what others want me to do. I deserved that year off, ohh you don’t know how much... I am someone who tries (and increasingly gets better!) to respect both body and mind, and tries as best I can to find harmony. I am someone who will fight until the last moment for the things I care about. I am someone who does not give much importance to material needs, but so much more important to me is to find happiness in my own heart, and to help others to do so too. And I know that I have found true happiness and love. 

I have every reason to be proud of myself. And guess what? I'm happy, very happy, to be unique


Just like everyone else has EVERY reason to be proud of him/ herself.. 


(And yes ... I am a critical person. it’s not my intention to offend anyone with this text, I’m just expressing my opinion) 








¿Soy arrogante sí creo en mi misma, en mis capacidades, en mi inteligencia y en mi propia fuerza? ¿Arrogante porque tengo la creencia de que todo saldrá bien? ¿Soy creída si digo que tengo más que muchas otras personas (y aquí no me refiero a lo material…)? ¿Soy mala amiga porque no me gusta ir de fiesta, de compras, emborracharme etc con mis amigas? ¿Soy una persona aburrida porque encuentro paz y armonía en la solitud y meditación? ¿Soy rara si hago las cosas diferentes a como lo hacen la mayoría de las chicas de mi edad? ¿Soy ofensiva porque respeto y entiende otras culturas y religiones aparte de Europa y el cristianismo? ¿Ofensivo porque critico nuestra sociedad materialista y autodestructivo? ¿Soy tonta por creer que he encontrado felicidad y amor? ¿Soy débil por haber necesitado un año de descanso entre estudios? ¿Soy egoísta por (por fin!) hacer algo para MI, y no para los demás?

NO. Yo creo que no. Claro, vosotros podéis juzgar mis decisiones, mi actitud, mi ser. Pero me da igual. Soy quien soy, y muy orgullosa de serlo. ¡SI! De alguna manera casi parece tabú que alguien dice que es orgulloso de sí mismo, que es inteligente, que es guapa, que es lo mejor en algo. Parece como si en esta sociedad  tenemos que sentirnos avergonzados y enfocarnos en nuestros fallos e imperfecciones. ¿Ya no está permitido sentirse bien exactamente cómo eres, con todos los imperfecciones y fallos? Parece que no. Que patético es nuestra sociedad a veces…

Así que; soy orgullosa de ser quien soy. Sé que tengo un buen cerebro, sé que he aprendido mucho más de la vida que la mayoría de la gente de mi edad, sé que hay que ser crítica. Soy buena (pero no perfecto!) amiga, hermana, novia, hija, porque lo que intento dar es amor. Soy UNICA, y paso de seguir la moda y hacer todo lo que los demás quieren que hago. Yo mereció ese año de descanso, ohh si...no sabéis cuanto.. Soy alguien quien intenta (y cada vez consigue mejor!) respetar tanto su cuerpo como su mente, e intenta lo mejor que puede para encontrar armonía. Soy alguien quien luchara hasta el último momento por las cosas que me importan. Soy alguien quien no da mucha importancia a satisfacer las necesidades materiales, sino que me importa mucho mas encontrar la felicidad en mi propio corazón, y ayudar a otros hacer lo mismo. Y sé que he encontrado felicidad verdadera y amor.
 
Tengo toda la razón por ser orgullosa de mi misma. ¿y sabéis que? Estoy feliz, pero MUY feliz, por ser UNICA.


Igual que cada persona, quien tiene TODA razón por ser orgulloso de él/ella mismo


(y si... soy una persona critica. NO es mi intención ofender, simplemente expreso mi opino)

No comments:

Post a Comment